The goal of the Secure Systems research group is to create new technologies and design and analysis methods for the development of secure computing and communication systems. The new technologies should be, at the same time, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive to deploy. As is typical for security research, our results also include the discovery of novel attacks and previously unknown classes of vulnerabilities in existing systems. Security against malicious attacks is a basic requirement for all network-connected services and products, and scientific research can provide both fundamental understanding of the security issues and practical solutions that enable product development.
- January 11: Department of Computer Science is looking for summer workers. The online application form closes 31 January 2019.
- December 17: CS Department is hiring new professors, DL January 10!
- December 10: Demo Day 2019 will be held on May 29, 2019!
- December 5: ACM has named Prof. N. Asokan ACM Fellow for his contributions to systems security and privacy, especially of mobile systems. Congratulations! Read more from Aalto News.
- November 12: Hans Liljestrand’s master’s thesis Linux Kernel Memory Safety has been selected as the best information security master’s thesis in Finland! Congratulations! Read more at Tietoturva, University of Helsinki.
Read older news from the News archive