We are an information security research group at the Department of Computer Science at Aalto University, Espoo, Finland.
The goal of the Secure Systems research group is to create new technologies and design and analysis methods for the development of secure computing and communication systems. The new technologies should be, at the same time, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive to deploy. As is typical for security research, our results also include the discovery of novel attacks and previously unknown classes of vulnerabilities in existing systems. Security against malicious attacks is a basic requirement for all network-connected services and products, and scientific research can provide both fundamental understanding of the security issues and practical solutions that enable product development.
- February 21: Save the date: Secure Systems Demo Day 2023 will be organized on June 8!
- December 9: HAIC scholarships available for top applicants for Security Master’s programmes, read more here.
- December 8: The Department of Computer Science at Aalto University invites applications for tenure-track positions at the assistant professor level. Women and others underrepresented in computer science are especially encouraged to apply. The call is open until January 15, 2023. For more information and the application form visit click here.
- December 7: Congratulations to our doctoral researcher Sebastian Szyller who received a Nokia Foundation’s Nokia scholarship for his “Ownership and Confidentiality in Machine Learning Systems” research topic!
- December 1: Application period for security and cloud computing international Master’s programmes is open!
Read older news from the News archive