The goal of the Secure Systems research group is to create new technologies and design and analysis methods for the development of secure computing and communication systems. The new technologies should be, at the same time, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive to deploy. As is typical for security research, our results also include the discovery of novel attacks and previously unknown classes of vulnerabilities in existing systems. Security against malicious attacks is a basic requirement for all network-connected services and products, and scientific research can provide both fundamental understanding of the security issues and practical solutions that enable product development.
- May 9: AuDI: Towards Autonomous IoT Device-Type Identification using Periodic Communication by Samuel Marchal, Markus Miettinen, Thien Duc Nguyen, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and N. Asokan, is published in IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networking and Communications, 2019.
- May 3: DIoT: A Federated Self-learning Anomaly Detection System for IoT by Thien Duc Nguyen, Samuel Marchal, Markus Miettinen, Hossein Fereidooni, N. Asokan, and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, has been accepted to appear in the 39th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2019), 2019. arXiv preprint arXiv:1804.07474
- April 30: Demo Day 2019 update: List of presentations can be found from the event site.
- April 18: “Authenticated Call Stack” paper by Liljestrand et al. was accepted for LBR poster at DAC 2019.
- March 29: Our paper PRADA: Protecting against DNN Model Stealing Attacks got accepted to EuroS&P’19 – conference.
- March 11: Registration to our annual Demo Day is open!
- March 6: Watch “The Undeniable Truth” talk given by Prof. N. Asokan and Dr. Lachlan Gunn at Black Hat EU 2018 showing how remote attestation can be used to circumvent deniability guarantees in secure messaging protocols like Signal or WhatsApp. Paper to appear at #PETS 2019 (preprint at https://eprint.iacr.org/2018/424).
Read older news from the News archive