The goal of the Secure Systems research group is to create new technologies and design and analysis methods for the development of secure computing and communication systems. The new technologies should be, at the same time, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive to deploy. As is typical for security research, our results also include the discovery of novel attacks and previously unknown classes of vulnerabilities in existing systems. Security against malicious attacks is a basic requirement for all network-connected services and products, and scientific research can provide both fundamental understanding of the security issues and practical solutions that enable product development.
The “State of the Union” presentations from our annual Demo Day events give an overview of our research:
- 2019 State of the Union (2019 Demo Day)
- 2018 State of the Union (2018 Demo Day) [video]
- 2017 State of the Union (2017 Demo Day)
- 2016 State of the Union (2016 Demo Day)
- 2015 State of the Union (2015 Demo Day)
- 2014 State of the Union (2014 Demo Day)