On-board Credentials (ObC) was a project carried out at Nokia Research Center from 2005 to 2013. The vision behind ObC was to safely open up the hardware-based trusted execution environments, widely deployed in smartphones since early 2000s, so that it can be used by ordinary application developers. ObC technology was transferred to Nokia Devices business units and was deployed on all of Nokia Symbian Belle devices and Nokia Windows Phone 8 devices.
- N. Asokan, Jan-Erik Ekberg: A Platform for OnBoard Credentials. Financial Cryptography 2008: 318-320
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, N. Asokan, Kari Kostiainen, Aarne Rantala: Scheduling execution of credentials in constrained secure environments. STC 2008: 61-70
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, N. Asokan: External Authenticated Non-volatile Memory with Lifecycle Management for State Protection in Trusted Computing. INTRUST 2009: 16-38
- Kari Kostiainen, Jan-Erik Ekberg, N. Asokan, Aarne Rantala: On-board credentials with open provisioning. ASIACCS 2009: 104-115
- Kari Kostiainen, Alexandra Dmitrienko, Jan-Erik Ekberg, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, N. Asokan: Key Attestation from Trusted Execution Environments. TRUST 2010: 30-46
- Kari Kostiainen, N. Asokan, Jan-Erik Ekberg: Credential Disabling from Trusted Execution Environments. NordSec 2010: 171-186
- Kari Kostiainen, N. Asokan, Jan-Erik Ekberg: Practical Property-Based Attestation on Mobile Devices. TRUST 2011: 78-92
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, Sandeep Tamrakar: Mass Transit Ticketing with NFC Mobile Phones. INTRUST 2011: 48-65
- Kari Kostiainen, N. Asokan, Alexandra Afanasyeva: Towards User-Friendly Credential Transfer on Open Credential Platforms. ACNS 2011: 395-412
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, Alexandra Afanasyeva, N. Asokan: Authenticated Encryption Primitives for Size-Constrained Trusted Computing. TRUST 2012: 1-18
- Sandeep Tamrakar, Jan-Erik Ekberg: Tapping and Tripping with NFC. TRUST 2013: 115-132
- N. Asokan, Jan-Erik Ekberg, Kari Kostiainen: The Untapped Potential of Trusted Execution Environments on Mobile Devices. Financial Cryptography 2013: 293-294; an extended version appeared as an article in the IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine, 12(4):29-37, July-Aug 2014.
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, Kari Kostiainen, N. Asokan: Trusted execution environments on mobile devices. Tutorial at the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security 2013: 1497-1498
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, Kari Kostiainen, N. Asokan: The Untapped Potential of Trusted Execution Environments on Mobile Devices”, IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine, 12:4(29-37), July-Aug 2014.
- N. Asokan et al, Mobile Trusted Computing, Invited paper at Proceedings of the IEEE, 102(8) 1189-1206, July 2014.
Dissertations and theses
- Aishvarya Kumar Sharma, On-board credentials: Hardware-assisted secure storage of credentials , MSc thesis, Helsinki University of Technology, 2007.
- Kari Kostiainen, On-board Credentials: An Open Credential Platform for Mobile Devices, DSc dissertation, Aalto University, 2012.
- Jan-Erik Ekberg, Securing Software Architectures for Trusted Processor Environments, DSc dissertation, Aalto University, 2013.
- On-board Credentials, August 2010.