Conference paper publications
- X. Carpent, K. Eldefrawy, N. Rattanavipanon, A. Sadeghi and G. Tsudik: INVITED: Reconciling Remote Attestation and Safety-Critical Operation of Simple IoT Devices, ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2018.
- K. Eldefrawy, X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: Temporal Consistency of Integrity-Ensuring Computations and Applications to Embedded Systems Security, ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS), 2018.
- Markus Miettinen, Thien Duc Nguyen, N. Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi: Revisiting Context-Based Authentication in IoT, 55th Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, June 2018.
- Logan Blue, Luis Vargas, Patrick Traynor: Hello, Is It Me You’re Looking For? Differentiating Between Human and Electronic Speakers for Voice Interface Security, 11th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (ACM WiSec 2018).
- Logan Blue, Hadi Abdullah, Luis Vargas, and Patrick Traynor: 2MA: Verifying Voice Commands via Two Microphone Authentication, The 13th ACM ASIA Conference on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ACM ASIACCS 2018).
- X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: Remote Attestation of IoT Devices via SMARM: Suffled Measurements Agaist Roving Malware, IEEE Hardware Oriented Security and Trust (HOST), 2018.
- X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: ERASMUS: Efficient Remote Attestation via Self-MEasurements for Unattended Settings, IEEE/ACM Design, Automation, and Test in Europe (DATE), 2018.
- Salvatore Signorello, Samuel Marchal, Jérôme François, Olivier Festor and Radu State: Advanced Interest Flooding Attacks in Named-Data Networking. In the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2017)
- Karim ElDefrawy, Norrathep Rattanavipanon, Gene Tsudik – HYDRA: HYbrid Design for Remote Attestation (Using a Formally Verified Microkernel) – In ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec 2017). arXiv preprint arXiv:1703.02688
- Markus Miettinen, Samuel Marchal, Ibbad Hafeez, Tommaso Frassetto, N Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and Sasu Tarkoma – . In IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) (JUFO 2)
- Markus Miettinen, Samuel Marchal, Ibbad Hafeez, N Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and Sasu Tarkoma – arXiv:1611.04880 (JUFO 2) . In IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017). arXiv preprint
- Babins Shrestha, Nitesh Saxena, Hien Thi Thu Truong, N. Asokan: Sensor-based Proximity Detection in the Face of Active Adversaries, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018. (JUFO 3)
- N. Asokan, T. Nyman, N. Rattanavipanon, A-R. Sadeghi and G. Tsudik: ASSURED: Architecture for Secure Software Update of Realistic Embedded Devices, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems – Special Issue ESWEEK 2018, CASES 2018, CODES + ISSS 2018 and EMSOFT 2018, 2018. arXiv preprint arXiv:1807.05002
- Thien Duc Nguyen, Samuel Marchal, Markus Miettinen, Minh Hoang Dang, N. Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi: DÏoT: A Crowdsourced Self-learning Approach for Detecting Compromised IoT Devices. arXiv preprint arXiv:1804.07474
- Manish Thapa – Mitigating Threats in IoT Network using Device Isolation – Master’s thesis, Aalto University – 2018
- Md Sakib Nizam Khan – Enhancing Privacy in IoT Devices through Automated Handling of Ownership Change – Master’s Thesis, Aalto University – 2017
Data and Software
IoT device setup captures (3 April 2017): This dataset represents the traffic emitted during the setup of 31 smart home IoT devices of 27 different types (4 types are represented by 2 devices each). Each setup was repeated at least 20 times per device-type. Available via ACRIS Aalto.
- Best Demo Award at IEEE ICDCS 2017 for: “.
- DÏoT: A Crowdsourced Self-learning Approach for Detecting Compromised IoT Devices
- Effective intrusion detection for the Internet of Things (Help Net Security)
- Researchers Detail Self-Learning System That Secures IoT Devices (Security Now)
- Co-organization of the International Workshop on Secure Internet of Things (SIoT) collocated with ESORICS 2017 (September 15, 2017, Oslo, Norway)
- Organization of the IoT Security Workshop at Aalto (September 7, 2017, Espoo, Finland)