Conference paper publications
- Thien Duc Nguyen, Samuel Marchal, Markus Miettinen, Hossein Fereidooni, N. Asokan, and Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi: DIoT: A Federated Self-learning Anomaly Detection System for IoT, to appear in the 39th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2019), 2019. arXiv preprint arXiv:1804.07474 (JUFO 2)
- Khan M.S.N., Marchal S., Buchegger S., Asokan N. (2019) chownIoT: Enhancing IoT Privacy by Automated Handling of Ownership Change. Privacy and Identity Management. Fairness, Accountability, and Transparency in the Age of Big Data. Privacy and Identity 2018. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol 547. Springer, Cham
- PAC it up: Towards Pointer Integrity using ARM Pointer Authentication, to appear in USENIX Security Symposium, 2019
- T. Nyman. G. Dessouky, S. Zeitouni. A. Lehikoinen, A. Paverd, N. Asokan and A-R. Sadeghi. HardScope: Hardening Embedded Systems Against Data-Oriented Attacks, to appear in ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2019.
- X. Carpent, K. Eldefrawy, N. Rattanavipanon, A. Sadeghi and G. Tsudik: INVITED: Reconciling Remote Attestation and Safety-Critical Operation of Simple IoT Devices, ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), 2018.
- K. Eldefrawy, X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: Temporal Consistency of Integrity-Ensuring Computations and Applications to Embedded Systems Security, ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS), 2018.
- Markus Miettinen, Thien Duc Nguyen, N. Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi: Revisiting Context-Based Authentication in IoT, 55th Design Automation Conference (DAC), San Francisco, June 2018.
- Logan Blue, Luis Vargas, Patrick Traynor: Hello, Is It Me You’re Looking For? Differentiating Between Human and Electronic Speakers for Voice Interface Security, 11th ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (ACM WiSec 2018).
- Logan Blue, Hadi Abdullah, Luis Vargas, and Patrick Traynor: 2MA: Verifying Voice Commands via Two Microphone Authentication, The 13th ACM ASIA Conference on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ACM ASIACCS 2018).
- X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: Remote Attestation of IoT Devices via SMARM: Suffled Measurements Agaist Roving Malware, IEEE Hardware Oriented Security and Trust (HOST), 2018.
- X. Carpent, N. Rattanavipanon and G. Tsudik: ERASMUS: Efficient Remote Attestation via Self-MEasurements for Unattended Settings, IEEE/ACM Design, Automation, and Test in Europe (DATE), 2018.
- Salvatore Signorello, Samuel Marchal, Jérôme François, Olivier Festor and Radu State: Advanced Interest Flooding Attacks in Named-Data Networking. In the 16th IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2017)
- Karim ElDefrawy, Norrathep Rattanavipanon, Gene Tsudik – HYDRA: HYbrid Design for Remote Attestation (Using a Formally Verified Microkernel) – In ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec 2017). arXiv preprint arXiv:1703.02688
- Markus Miettinen, Samuel Marchal, Ibbad Hafeez, Tommaso Frassetto, N Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and Sasu Tarkoma – . In IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017) (JUFO 2)
- Markus Miettinen, Samuel Marchal, Ibbad Hafeez, N Asokan, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and Sasu Tarkoma – arXiv:1611.04880 (JUFO 2) . In IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2017). arXiv preprint
- Samuel Marchal, Markus Miettinen, Thien Duc Nguyen, Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi, N. Asokan: AuDI: Towards Autonomous IoT Device-Type Identification using Periodic Communication. IEEE JSAC Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Networking and Communications, 2019. (JUFO 3)
- Babins Shrestha, Nitesh Saxena, Hien Thi Thu Truong, N. Asokan: Sensor-based Proximity Detection in the Face of Active Adversaries, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018. (JUFO 3)
- N. Asokan, T. Nyman, N. Rattanavipanon, A-R. Sadeghi and G. Tsudik: ASSURED: Architecture for Secure Software Update of Realistic Embedded Devices, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems – Special Issue ESWEEK 2018, CASES 2018, CODES + ISSS 2018 and EMSOFT 2018, 2018. arXiv preprint arXiv:1807.05002
- Artur Valiev – Automatic Ownership Change Detection for IoT devices – Master’s thesis, Aalto University – 2018
- Manish Thapa – Mitigating Threats in IoT Network using Device Isolation – Master’s thesis, Aalto University – 2018
- Md Sakib Nizam Khan – Enhancing Privacy in IoT Devices through Automated Handling of Ownership Change – Master’s Thesis, Aalto University – 2017
Data and Software
IoT device setup captures (3 April 2017): This dataset represents the traffic emitted during the setup of 31 smart home IoT devices of 27 different types (4 types are represented by 2 devices each). Each setup was repeated at least 20 times per device-type. Available via ACRIS Aalto.
- Best Demo Award at IEEE ICDCS 2017 for: “.
- Aarhus Seminar Aarhus, Denmark – DIoT: a self-learning anomaly detection system for IoT, November 2018, by Samuel Marchal
- Keynote RESSI conference La Bresse, France – Machine Learning in the presence of adversaries, May 2018, by Samuel Marchal
- SECAN-Lab Seminar Dagstuhl, Germany – IoT Sentinel: Automated Device-Type Identication for Security Enforcement in IoT, December 2017, by Samuel Marchal
Demos & Posters
- Secure Systems Demo Day 2019: Amplifying IoT Honeypots with Dynamic Traffic Replay (May 29, Aalto University), poster
- Secure Systems Group Demo Day 2018 – “DÏoT: A Crowdsourced Self-learning Approach for Detecting Compromised IoT Devices (June 20, 2018 – Aalto University, Finland), poster
- DÏoT: A Crowdsourced Self-learning Approach for Detecting Compromised IoT Devices
- Effective intrusion detection for the Internet of Things (Help Net Security)
- Researchers Detail Self-Learning System That Secures IoT Devices (Security Now)
- Co-organization of the International Workshop on Secure Internet of Things (SIoT) collocated with ESORICS 2017 (September 15, 2017, Oslo, Norway)
- Organization of the IoT Security Workshop at Aalto (September 7, 2017, Espoo, Finland)
|Patrick Traynor||University of Florida||Aalto University||June 20, 2018||Secure Systems Demo Day 2018|
|Samuel Marchal||Aalto University||INRIA Nancy, France||May 28, 2018|
|Samuel Marchal||Aalto University||Intel, Portland, USA||May 17-18, 2018||ICRI-CARS retreat|
|Samuel Marchal||Aalto University||Patrick Traynor, University of Florida||May 14-17, 2018|
|Gene Tsudik||University of California Irvine||Aalto University||Sep 6-8, 2018||IoT Security Workshop|
|Norrathep Rattanavipanon||University of California Irvine||Aalto University||Sep 6-8, 2018||IoT Security Workshop|
|Patrick Traynor||University of Florida||Aalto University||Sep 6-8, 2018||IoT Security Workshop|
|Logan Blue||University of Florida||Aalto University||Sep 6-8, 2018||IoT Security Workshop|